Friday, September 26, 2008

13 Years!!


Some of you may now this story, some of you may have just learned it. Chris and I got married on September 23rd, 1995. We lived in Vegas at the time, and it had become time for me to move out of my mother's house so Chris and I found an apartment together. We were already engaged to be married and had wanted to get married sooner but my dad didn't think he could make it to the states until February.

Now this may sound old fashioned to some, but Chris and I didn't want to be "living in sin" so we decided to elope. Literally, we decided on Wednesday and got married on Friday night. (Ah Vegas, the home of the quickie wedding!) We went away to Zion National Park for the weekend and were back home in time to go to work Monday morning.

It was kind of fun, having this little secret that we were married but I was afraid that my parents would be disappointed. Haven't told my dad yet, and my mom and mother in law just found out. And yes, even 13 years later, my mom was disappointed!

I guess my point in telling all this is, it's not the wedding that's important. It's the marriage. Chris and I have been together for 13 wonderful years. It's not always a walk in the park, but he is still my best friend and I can't imagine my life without him.


No comments: