Thursday, April 26, 2012

Radiation - Day One

The radiation center actually called us last night and asked us to come in this morning for mom's first treatment.  I just want to say how incredible the staff there are.  Everyone is always so kind, they greet the patients by their name when they walk in and always have a nice smile and kind word.  They have a great system set up in the office.  Patients have a swipe card, similar to a credit card.  When you arrive in the office, you swipe the card and it alerts the radiation tech that you are there.  That way if the receptionist is busy helping someone else or away from her desk, you don't have to wait to check in.

The treatment was pretty uneventful.  We were in and out of the office in 20 minutes.  From now on, she has a set appointment at 9:45am every day Monday through Friday.

No glowing, super powers or spidey sense to report so far. 

One treatment down, Fifteen to go!

1 comment:

The Mylers said...

What office does she go to? I hope this week goes well, my prayers are with you guys.
By the way I love the house you found, let me know how I can help.