Saturday, January 8, 2011

Perfect light snowfall

I think kids just don't feel the cold the same way adults do.  On New Year's Eve we had a really pretty dusting of snow.  Enough to make everything pretty, but not enough to disrupt our lives.

Riley volunteered to go out and shovel the driveway (We wondered where our real son was and who was this kid that had replaced him)  He did our driveway, Grandy and Grampy's (Elna and Howard) and our immediate neighbors.  Then one of the boys that lived on the block came out and said he would help him and wanted to know how much he was charging.  Riley said he was doing it just because.  That's my good boyscout!!  He ended up doing every single house on our block!!!  (Thank goodness we live on a short street!)  I will say that the snow was pretty light that day, and he pretty much just had to push it with the shovel, but I was still impressed - he even did the sidewalks!


Ciara went out to supervise and throw snowballs at her siblings.



Ella wanted to clean off our cars with a handy dandy long handled brush.  I'm praying that the layers of snow protected my paint from any scratches!  I told her to put a hat on - as you can see, she complied.


No comments: