Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years 2011

How do you celebrate New Year's when you are a cool kid of the .....?  What do we call this era anyway? How do graduating classes describe themselves?  I guess you can't just be the class of '13 you have to be the class of 2013?  Anyway, I digress.

So, how does a cool kid these days usher in 2011?  You find your mom's (or your moms friend's) very best pot or pan as well as a utensil such as a wooden spoon.  At the stroke of midnight you run out into the cul-de-sac, scream "Happy New Year!!" at the top of your lungs and break the wooden spoon by banging it as hard as you can on the pot!

Here are the kiddos right before the countdown.  Check out the far left.  That's my daughter being a stick in the mud and refusing to participate.  She's just too cool!  And in the bottom left corner, you'll see my friend's little guy.  He'd been complaining of a headache earlier in the night and we kept suggesting he have a little nap.  He didn't want a nap!  He wanted to hang out and watch the ball drop and bang a pot darn it!  Poor little guy didn't quite make it.   Even during all the noise he just kept on sleeping!

And here's the mama's.  I remember the day's where I would party all night on New Year's.  This New Year's I was yawning at 10p.  My hair has gone flat and forget about the high heel's. (I'm wearing my comfy lime green slipper socks.)  I guess all that matter's is that we had a good time hanging out with each other.  And.... I got to kiss my hubby at midnight!

No comments: