Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ella starts preschool!!

As I mentioned before, Ella gets to go to preschool this year for two mornings a week. Tuesday was her first day. We got to the classroom and she went straight to the play kitchen. I said "I'm going to the grocery store, see you in a little while!" She replies "Okay, bye" and turns her attention back to the play kitchen.

I left, relieved that she seemed so happy. But as I was walking to the car, and realized that my youngest child was now in school, I started hyperventilating slightly. I called Chris to let him know how it went. He thought I should just be happy to have a few hours of peace and quiet, so I hung up with him and called my friend E. She was much more understanding and commiserated with me over the phone while I shopped without a little child tugging at my leg or throwing things in my cart.


I have to share a little story that cracked me up. In the previous years when my kids attended preschool they never used backpacks but this year the teacher said they needed one. So on Monday, the day before school, I showed her a gently used old backpack of Ciara's and suggested to her that she might like to use this backpack for school. (Saving me a trip to the store and the expense of a new one) "No! That's sissy's backpack! I want a purple one!" She says this as she looks at me as if I am insane. Not wanting to dull the excitement of going to school I headed off to Target in search of a purple backpack. The only ones I could find were soo big I could have carried her to school in it, so we settled on a Ni Hao Kai Lan backpack. Who knew 3 year olds could be so passionate about backpacks and school supplies?!

Day two of preschool

I love seeing the preschoolers wearing their backpacks.
They are almost as big as the kids!

No comments: